Privacy Notice – Oaklands Leicester Ltd
Pursuant to that legislation, when processing data we will;
- process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- collect your data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of completing your project and in ways that have been explained to you
- only use it in the way we have told you about
- ensure it is correct and up to date
- keep your data only for as long as we need it
- process it in a way that ensures it will not be lost or destroyed or used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to
How do we collect your information?
You give us your information when you request a design and quotation for a project with Oaklands Leicester Ltd.
When someone visits www.oaklands-leicester.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Like most websites, we receive and store certain details whenever you use the Oaklands Leicester Ltd website. We use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you might use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. It also helps us understand how you use our website and where we can make improvements.
Third party organisations
We use social media to broadcast messages and updates about events and news. On occasion we may reply to comments or questions you make to us on social media platforms. You may also see adverts from us on social media that are tailored to your interests.
Depending on your settings and the privacy policies used by social media and messaging services like Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, we may receive non-personally identifying demographic or analytical information from these services that enables us to better understand the reach and effectiveness of our advertising.
Information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as Companies House your biography on your work website or information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
How we keep your details safe and secure
When you arrange a design and quotation to be carried out by Oaklands Leicester Ltd your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, EQ. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your consent. We always seek to hold your data securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled. The CRM system can only be accessed by people who need it to do their job. Certain data, for example sensitive information, is additionally controlled and is only made visible to members of staff who have a reason to work with it.
Our basis for processing your personal information and what we use it for
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not to do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We may process your personal data because it is necessary for the performance of a contract. For example, if you make a purchase from us.
We may process personal data because it is in our legitimate interests to do so. For example we may use your personal information to tailor our communications to you or to invite you to an event that we may hold. We may also collect information about how you use our services (including our website) to analyse our customer base and improve our processes. Oakland Leicester Ltd also records and uses film and photographs for promotional purposes on its website, social media accounts and other formats under its legitimate interests basis for processing where it would not be necessary, appropriate or practicable to obtain your specific consent (for example, we may seek specific consent for prominent or impactful uses, but typically not for group shots, background inclusion or internal use).
We may also process your personal data (including sensitive personal data) where:
- it is necessary for medical purposes (for example, in a medical emergency)
- it is necessary to protect your or another person’s vital interests
- we have your consent to do so (for example to monitor the diversity of visitors to Oakland Leicester Ltd). We will also ask for your consent to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you (apart from where it is appropriate for us to rely on our legitimate interests to do so).
We may need to disclose your details to third parties:
This will only be with other companies that will aid us with completing your project, for example marble and granite companies that will need name and address details in order to template and fit worktops in a kitchen.
How long do we keep your information?
We may retain information for a period of six years after your association with us has come to an end. Some information may be retained indefinitely for historical, statistical or research purposes. As stated below, you have the right to require us to erase personal data.
Under the DPA you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress
- to require us not to send you marketing communications
Once the GDPR takes effect in May 2018, you will also have the following additional rights:
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect
- to require us to erase your personal data
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal)
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
- Or write to us at: Data Protection, Customer Services, Oakland Leicester Ltd, 7/11 Welford Road, Blaby, Leicester LE8 4FT
If we do not hear from you requesting to be removed from our data base we will continue to use your information as outlined in this document and in compliance with the GDPR