Latest Posts

  1. New Website Launched

    Welcome the the new website for Oaklands. We hope you like our new look. Please have a browse around and get in touch if you would like to book a consultation. To celebrate the launch of the new website we are offering a FREE Siemens dishwasher with every kitchen signed up in January 2014. T’s & C’s Apply.

  2. Are You Making These Kitchen Design Mistakes?

    Here at Oakland Leicester, we’ve been in the kitchen business for over 100 years. Whilst we have been part of creating some stunning, bespoke kitchens, we’ve also seen members of the public make some rookie errors when it comes to kitchen design. Planning and designing a kitchen is no easy feat, and there are some fatal flaws that can really make or break a kitchen. We don’t want you to end up with a kitchen you’re not 100% over the moon with – so we’ve rounded up the most common kitchen design mistakes here.
    Lack Of Storage

    It’s one of the first things any kitchen designer will advise you, and yet many people still don’t take into account how much storage they need in a kitchen. The kitchen will house many essential items, so we’d recommend making a list of all your kitchen appliances and equipment before you start the design. Assess what you need easily accessible and what can be hidden away in cupboards and plan your storage around you equipment inventory. It may not be the most glamorous aspect of kitchen design, but you’ll be grateful for it in the long run.

    Poor Ventilation

    Ever walked into someone’s kitchen and been hit by the stink of last night’s curry? That’s why ventilation is a necessity. Invest in a good quality ventilation system; it will make your kitchen a cleaner and more pleasant place to be, and it can even extend the life of your appliances.

    Non-functional Layout

    Don’t forget your kitchen’s main purpose – preparing and cooking food. It’s vital that you have a good access route between the fridge, the sink and the oven – with some counter top space in between. If you’re going to have a kitchen island, table or breakfast bar, ensure that this doesn’t obstruct your pathway. When you’re planning the layout, consider the plumbing too – it’s probably best to keep the sink fairly close to where it was before, as moving it could involve expensive plumbing work.

    Not Following Budget

    Set a budget right at the start of your plans, and stick to it. It’s best to plan to spend around 90% of your overall budget, leaving the extra 10% as back up for any unexpected problems or additional work. It can be tempting to get carried away investing in ornate, one off pieces, but make sure you prioritise the essentials.

    Not Calling The Professionals

    Kitchen design or re-design is a mammoth task, and it can be hard to know where to start if you’ve never done it before. Oakland Leicester have over 100 years experience in kitchen design and installation, and we’d happy to handle the entire process down to electrical and plumbing work. You’ll be consulted every step of the way with one clear point of contact, allowing you to plan and budget with ease.We provide fitted kitchens throughout Leicester. Call 0116 2772252 today for a free quotation.

website by Creare - HTML

Contact Us

If you would like to find out more about our products or services please don't hesitate to contact us. You can do this by completing our online form below.

Name *

Email Address *

Phone Number *